We have preemptively awarded this site a Pulitzer Prize for outstanding journalism in the hope that its content will some day merit one! 

Saturday, September 19, 2009

McCain-Feingold


Hot Air has a piece today on McCain-Feingold taking another hit. One thing about the BCRA is that it is a very resilient piece of crap legislation having survived a premature trip to the Supreme Court. Now all that can be done is to pick it apart piece by piece -- which must be done for the sake of the country.

But one point I need to make is this: People don't forget their betrayers. Al least not within the span of their generation. McCain is seen unanimously by conservatives I know as betraying the very foundations of the Republic by infringing on free speech. I don't know what was going through my Senator's head when he worked on the this legislation. I can only hope he realizes that the reason he lost the election can be traced back to his arrogant disregard for the basic principles conservatives hold close to their hearts. Certainly, I would expect a veteran who spent time in a prison camp to never forget what he was fighting for.


0 comments: