We have preemptively awarded this site a Pulitzer Prize for outstanding journalism in the hope that its content will some day merit one! 

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hmmm. I Forget

WASHINGTON - A convention of evangelical Christians gave standing ovations this week to Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean and Sens. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and Barack Obama, D-Ill.

And that's news, because pro-choice, pro-gay rights Democrats aren't usually favorites of evangelicals. But that could be changing as the Democratic Party tries to reconnect with so-called "values voters," and some evangelical leaders try to extend religious debates beyond gay marriage and abortion.
[...]
Hey. Ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do to win votes, right?

If I need to say I'm for fags - er - queers - um - gays getting married, then that's what I'll do. You want the right to have an abortion or not? I sometimes think I would have been better off...Woops. I shouldn't have said that. Chelsea may be reading this.

But anyway, hell. I'll see that a married dyke preacher gets appointed to Church of the Holy Collection Plate, and make them send all their money to Planned Parenthood if that's what you want. Just let me know. I learned how to flip-flop from [cough] Kerry the best of them.

0 comments: